Wednesday, September 22, 2010

public transportation

Oh, the people you will meet on the light rail.

In the field of journalism and just as a reporter in general i have always been curious about other people and have always been a big fan of people watching. My home town fair is my favorite but that is another story all in its own...

But, my fascination, to say the least, has always gotten my into trouble.

The light rail has by far been my biggest adventure and its not because of where I am going, but its more like who i am traveling with.
There is the woman who sings show tunes to herself (and most of the train)
the woman who takes up three seats,
the man who forgot to put on his shoes,
the man with the pitbull that likes to defend his master and growl at every single person that walks by,
the little kid that always sneezes and has yet to learn the lesson of covering her mouth,
The comic con nerd who is decked out in pokemon attire with hair down to his butt,
the wheel chair man with a pony tail that has a huge american flag attached to him, and the couple that loves to touch each other when they think that no one is looking but, yes indeed there is always someone looking.

Now this is not fair to all light rail riders because mostly it consists of ASU students that are smarter than me that just shove their head phones in their ears and avoid eye contact with anyone and everything,
the mother and child who ride each morning to day care,
the muscular, sweaty boy that just cused out the guy who keeps stepping on his foot but than graciously gets up for the old lady to sit down,
the mexican man that does not speak english but always offers to share his gatorade with me, and finally my favorite the business man that fell asleep on my shoulder and than flipped me 20 bucks for his "inconvience."

No comments:

Post a Comment