Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Disney world excursion

My magical adventure to the happiest place on earth began with a 6 hour flight and a toddler barfing his entire lunch on me and into my new zebra bag. What do you say to that? "Um excuse me lady but your kid just made me never want to have kids and im about to slap yours?" needless to say the rest of the trip was awkward. Not to mention that i had to meet my father who has been in Iraq for the past three months smelling like baby barf. FML

I have come up with one main point in my week long vacation and it will help in my quest for greatness and that is,at all costs avoid traveling with your family! love my family to death but for god's sake i feel like i come home from vacation and i need a vacation from my vacation! Love them all dearly but a week with my family 24\7 was almost enough to make me loose my religion! Just the week before i was in miami and the flight there was cake but the moment you add in a firey red head, a sassy 13 year old and a 'i think i know everything' 16 year old, traveling situations become hostile.

Now, dont get me wrong the magical kingdom was a dream come true and i love any opportunity i can get at releasing my inner child, im just touching on things that may not be obvious. I did though get to meet the hilarious chip and dale and we went to so many shows im considering changing my major from journalism to drama just so i can wear stilts and sing the lion king song :)

i realized not only on this trip that my stomache can not handle simulators of any type, my addiction to diet coke was intensified and that my sister will always love me but, that im totally stoked to get out of my realm of comfort! im ready to start my quest for greatness! and it only took me one trip to disney, where dreams come true, to realize it:)

I also realized that i missed samuel way too much! It made me realize that going to ASU in the fall is going to be harder than i thought and i dont know (idk) if im ready for that aspect of seperation.

All in all it was a great trip and i couldnt wait to get home to rainy washington but dont worry to my utter surprise i sat next to a toddler on the way home too :\

No comments:

Post a Comment