Monday, February 1, 2010

wake up in the morning

Wake up in the morning feeling like P didddy? absolutely not.

When it comes to a girl's hair some may say that it defines them, which may seem shallow but when you think about it, your hair tells a great deal about you.
lets take me for example.

I like to think that i have some control over my shoulder length dark brown hair but everyday it seems that i have less and less. God knows how much money i have spent over equipment trying to straighten, curl, crimp, wave and dye my hair in order to make it that perfect symbol of what i want people to take me as.

My sister has long golden blonde hair and i watch as she spends hours straightening and re straightening and than hair spraying it into place so that she can walk out the door and impress the puyallup valley at the beauty that her hair portrays.

Me on the other hand, i have given up. I would wake up 2 hours early for school just to make sure that every hair was in place so that when i stepped into that prison of a school kids would think that i magically just woke up that morning looking like that. I swear my hair has a mind of its own, and god bless the freaking weather to where i get my hair to finally get what i want it to do and than POOF i walk outside and of course its raining. RUINED!

I think that now more than ever my hair is just a reflection of me. I wake up in the morning and just go with the flow, if i try to straighten and crimp and perfect it, it only rebels against me more. what is the point of me waking up 2 hours before a class to perfect something that was never meant to perfect? I give a huge high five for my sister who has great hair but as for me, i prefer to wake up in the morning and try to minimize the mufasa, bed head look that currently defines me.

No comments:

Post a Comment