Monday, March 1, 2010

church walls

If church walls could talk....
I would be guilty of crying for forgivness.
I would be guilty of singing at the top of my lungs in hopes that God hears me.
I would be guilty of falling asleep on my mothers shoulder.
I would be guilty of smacking my sister in the back of the head when i was pretending to just put my arm around her.
I would be guilty of day dreaming about what the guitarist would look like in board shorts and a v-neck t shirt.
I would be guilty of singing so loud in order to try and make up for the loss of my father's voice.
I would be guilty of sinning the night before and than pretending like God had no idea.

Inside those church walls I have pushed boys inside those walls in order for them to be good enough for my family. But this boy walks in by himself.
Inside those church walls they have seen me lose everything and gain everything. Smile so wide, cry so much they think the floods have come.

Inside those church walls...

No comments:

Post a Comment